Summary of Review:
- The presentation and quality were top-notch, from the packaging to the food itself
- The meal was easy to prepare and yielded exceptional results
- This would make a great gift for someone who likes to eat a nice meal, but does not have time to prepare and clean up (ie new parents, working couples, bachelors)
- Appetizer: Phyllo & Portabello Puffs
- Entree #1: Lemon Herb Salmon
- Entree #2: Tortellini with Shrimp
- Dessert: Raspberry Cheesecake
- Tortellini with Shrimp in Lobster Sauce and Creamy Spinach
- Lemon Herb Salmon and Creamy Spinach
From the moment the package arrived, we knew we were in for first-class treatment. The packaging was impeccable! From the personalized message inside the box to the fully insulated lining with ice packs to keep the food cold, there was no question this was going to be a very special package.
Lovely box to create a great first impression for a gift
Custom greeting to personalize the gift for the recipient
Fully insulated on all sides, and secured with bubble wrap and ice packs inside
All items arrive perfectly in tact, appealing, and ready to go
Our cuisine of choice was the Parisian Three Course Dinner. It consisted of the following items:
Everything was super-easy to prepare. The directions for each item were printed right on the package. Just remove the lid and pop into the oven for the specified time. That’s it – no hassle whatsoever.
The handmade appetizers needed less time than the entrees. So we followed the suggestion on the instructions, and enjoyed our appetizers while the entrees were finishing.
Hand Made Appetizers: Phyllo & Portabello Puffs
For the main course, we enjoyed 2 different entrees:
Tortellini with Shrimp in Lobster Sauce and Creamy Spinach
Lemon Herb Salmon and Creamy Spinach
Both entrees were fabulous – definitely than I could make myself at home (and without all of the mess). When I initially saw the packages, I wasn’t sure there would be enough food to fill us up. Boy, was I wrong! The servings were more than ample. Had to wait a little while before we started on the tempting dessert…
Dessert was 2 slices of the best raspberry cheesecake I have ever had! It was rich and delicious. A perfect ending to a gourmet meal!
For more information on this and other Dinner, Soup, Dessert, Steak or Seafood Gift of the Month Clubs, visit the GourmetStation website.